Here comes the monthly bill! Oh no, why is our water bill so high? Sometimes, you want to give your water bill a second look especially if your current balance is high and you don’t even have any pool in your home. What should you do first before you call the concessionaire that handles your utility? First, check the water meter outside your home by turning off its main valve. Then, close all faucets in your house. When the valve is closed and everything else is turned off and the meter is still running, then you have a leak whether on one of your faucets or other attachments or there is a busted pipe somewhere.
Sometimes, you need to know a simple few things to be able to run your home smoothly. Becoming a jack of all trades is not a bad idea after all. Here are a few tips on what to do to give solution to any simple bathroom problem. Let us begin first with the tools of the trade:
• Plumber’s Tape (Teflon tape)- it is used to wrap around the outer threads of a pie to seal the fit of the outer and inner threads of two pipes.
• Pipe Wrench- it is used to turn pipes and fitting. It is best used in pairs when one is used to counter turn the other.
• Outer Thread- often referred to as male. It is at the outer side at the end of a tube or fitting.
• Inner Thread- often referred to as female. It is at the inner side at the end of a tube or fitting.
• Pipe- This comes in two types, galvanized iron (G.I) and Polyvinylchloride (PVC).
• Faucet Aid Kit- it contains different sizes of rubber valve and different sizes of screw.