If you are renovating your bathroom for the first time, some tips:
1. You need to know exactly how much room you have. Take complete measurements of everything you will use to know if it fits in your bathroom. Rule of thumb, it is better to leave more space empty than crowding your bathroom.
2. Make sure everything is dry ! dry! dry! If you are remodelling an old bathroom, it is best to tear out the old fixtures unless you know that they have not gotten wet. If you are uncertain that not everything is dry underneath, then the new fixtures you install will probably be taken out the next day.
3. Know the kind of walls and flooring to put in and be sure that they are really sealed, because it not, it would mean even more work for you.
4. Shop for fixtures that blend well together. You can take pictures of all the things you want to use in your bathroom and imagine them in all their proper places. If what you see in your mind’s eye is awesome, then go for it. If it’s awful, forget it!
5. Good lighting does wonders for a bathroom. But first make sure that you like the size and shape of the lights to be used in your bathroom. Remember, if your bathroom is dimly lit, it would be hard to use that area. Sometimes bathrooms are also called comfort rooms. As the name implies, it should be comfortable.